- Last Updated on Monday, 23 July 2012 12:21
- Hits: 438
Mangalamkali is a dance ritual related to marriage functions as a form of entertainment. Usually Pulayas (a tribe in Kerala state of south India) perform this. Certain music instruments too are used like Para and Kannupara. The dance is very fast.
Margam Kali is an art form popular among the Syrian Christian community of the erstwhile Travancore. This consists of group dances and martial arts like Parichamuttu Kali. The theme of the songs revolves round the life of St.Thomas.
The dance is performed before the Senior members of the community. A group of about thirty people forum a circle and dance and sing to the music. Thudi is used for music. Jack wood is used for making Thudi. The rhythm variation in Thudi while switching from one song to another is very catchy. Even though Mangalam kali is associated with marriage, the theme of the song is not directly related to marriage. Old rituals and habits, Cooli, Hunting are all themes of the music. The Mangalam kali which starts at night goes on till the wee hours of the morning.
For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangalamkali
- World Cup Foodball Schedule Brazil 2014 with Indain Time
- Computer Science and Applications Dec 2012-01
- Computer Science and Applications Dec 2012
- UGC December 2012 Paper-1 Solved-02
- UGC December 2012 Paper-1 Solved-01
- UGC December 2012 Paper-1 Solved
- Setup XP With Shared Printer
- Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 XP and Vista-2
- Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 XP and Vista-1